I certainly won’t reach Grandmaster without lots of other chess players helping me along the way. If you’re interested in helping, read the suggestions below.
1. Play against me. I’m interested in playing serious games and analysing them afterwards, and am on both the biggest chess servers, ICC (as OxidisedLizard) and PlayChess (as Will Taylor). I can also play on other servers, or in person if you live nearby.
2. Study with me (overlaps with 1). If, for example, you’re interested in the openings that I play, or want to work through other topics that I’m studying with me, we could do so in person or online.
3. Teach me. If you’re a stronger player than me and want to share any of your insights, I’d be very grateful.
4. Criticise me. Constructive criticism of the games that I post here is always useful.
5. Donate/lend chess materials. If you have chess books or DVDs which you think I might find useful, you could lend or give them to me.